sábado, 7 de fevereiro de 2009

A Shortcut to hide/show Gnome panels - Compiz Community Forums

A Shortcut to hide/show Gnome panels - Compiz Community Forums: "jd jd is offline
Junior Member

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Default A Shortcut to hide/show Gnome panels
Hi there. First, I'd like to thank the compiz team and the Beryl team as well, for their commitment and responsiveness. I've been using Beryl for a long time, but it stopped working on my laptop a few months ago. I recently checked the 3D Desktop option on Ubuntu Feisty (compiz powered), and it worked smoothly, so I'm back to compiz.

My goal is to create a shortcut for hidding/showing the top panel in Gnome (XGL+compiz+latest ATI drivers), something like Ctrl+Alt+p. I looked at gconftool-2 and then found this script. When written in a terminal, the gconftool-2 commands do edit the gconf keys, but nothing happens. Moreover, it seems the shortcut has no effect, in that it's not active/recognized (Ctrl+Alt+p defined in gconf-editor does not trigger any change in gconf keys). I tried '/apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/command1' and '/apps/compiz/general/allscreens/options/run_command1_button' as well : unactive shortcut.

Note : in his blog post, Raja put his script on his home, but I must use sudo in order to edit gconf keys, so I put my script in /usr/local/bin. I wonder if I must add myself (user) in a group or something like that, or anything else I'm not thinking about at this time due to a lack of geekness.

If any of you has an idea, on which keys should be edited for example, fell free to share
Thank you.
Reply With Quote
jd
View Public Profile
Send a private message to jd
Visit jd's homepage!
Find all posts by jd
#2
Old May 27th, 2007, 06:38 AM
euskal's Avatar
euskal euskal is offline
Member

Join Date: Apr 2007
Rendering Method: AiGLX
Location: BSAS. argentina
Posts: 64
Send a message via ICQ to euskal
Default
Hi sounds interesting, maybe you should take a look at xbindkeys.

I suppose something similar to this at xbindkeyrc should make it

Code:

'gnome-panel'
(xbindkey '(altl 'keycode' 'keycode') 'command/hidding'

or

Code:

(xbindkey '(control 'b:2') 'command/hidding'

(b:2 is mouse button 2)


here you have a good example, of what can be done.

http://hocwp.free.fr/xbindkeys/xbindkeysrc.scm.html

but, I don't really know if there is a hiding command.
:? I supposed that you could navigate gnome without mouse."

Nenhum comentário: